Friday, May 17, 2013

Switch?

Diabetes Blog Week
Click for the Freaky Friday - Friday 5/17 Link List
Just like in the movie, today we’re doing a swap. If you could switch chronic diseases, which one would you choose to deal with instead of diabetes? And while we’re considering other chronic conditions, do you think your participation in the DOC has affected how you treat friends and acquaintances with other medical conditions? (Thanks to Jane of Jane K. Dickinson, RN, PhD, CDE and Bob of T Minus Two for this topic suggestion.)

If I could switch chronic diseases...Well, I'd like one that does not involve too much home monitoring and tweaking. I'd also like one that is not associated with a lot of long term complications.  It would be nice to have one that is not very affected by stress and diet. I would trade for hypertension, for hyperlipidemia, IBS, and maybe for celiac. To me these would be one step up, so if I only got one step, Id think about these. I think these all are a little less involving than T1D, but I would not like any of them they are all still a lot of work and involve whole lifestyle approaches which is tough. If I could, I think I would go for hashimoto's hypothyroid because I could take one pill a day and that would be a lot easier than some of these others.

I definitely appreciate the struggles of people with other chronic illnesses, especially Type 2 DM much more since getting involved with the DOC! I am much better informed of the impact that all of these illnesses have on peoples lives. It is not to be underestimated!

No comments:

Post a Comment